Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Entry #4 What I Want

ok, so it's been a few days since i've done this and i will admit that it's mostly because i've been avoiding it...this "activity" is actually quite uncomfortable to me and i am so not enjoying it...AT ALL
so today's topic is parenting...i hope i can make it through this one faster than the others i've done so far
What I Want in
Parenting
now while i know i am not a bad mommy i don't really feel like i'm a great or even good mommy, i want to be a better mommy
i want to engage with my children more than i do now
i want to be that mom where all the kids want to come to their house because they feel comfortable and loved there
i want rich and i to be a team and not undermind each other the way that we do all to often now (usually out of not knowing what the other said)
not that i want the envy of men, but i wouldn't mind being looked at by other moms and them thinking i've got it together rather than me always being the one looking at others wishing i could be a better mommy like them
i want to be better at getting what i want/need my kids to do w/ love and reason rather than yells and threatenings (which are currently the only thing that works sometimes)
i want to be able to give my kids wings as far as them knowing they are loved, having confidence in their worth, being good decision makers, etc
i want to not be so tired so my patience isn't worn thin and so that i can have the energy to be that mommy i want to be
i want my kids to always know they can come to me no matter what
i want to teach my children the gospel and bring them up strong in that
i want rich and i to be consistent
i want to get aj away from the tv (she's such an addict)
i want to make good food choices for my family and raise healthy eaters
i want to learn more about carseat safety and other things of that nature so i can do all in my power to keep my kids safe
i want to have the knowledge and strenght to talk to my children about strangers, good touch bad touch, and other things of that nature that i'll honestly admit i'm totally intimidated by right now
i want to make good education decisions for my family (w/ rich's help of course)
ok, i'm being asked to go play a game by aj so i need to go do that now...this is my list for now...not sure if i will revisit this or not...we shall see

No comments: