Thursday, October 12, 2006

sometimes i'm smart LOL

Sooo we're trying out vonage for our phone system and we got the wireless router thingy because il's have a comp too and we all have to have net access...for whatever reason when my il's comp was hooked hard line into the router (it is a router for up to 4 hard lines and 4 wireless links) the net would NOT work on their comp...the only think i could think was that it was some funky issue w/ their os (it's an older system)...seriously the only thing i could come up w/ because it worked fine hooked into my comp
anywho...mil got a wireless adapter/receiver and together we hooked it up to her comp today, ok, so i did and she held the plate for me so that i could screw the device into place LOL
and lo and behold they now have internet access...AND i encrypted the wlan so it's at least not easy to get into, hopefully no hackers live in the neighborhood!
now if i can just get my $95 dell laptop i got from the surplus sale and the hp that my sis gave me working and hooked up w/ wifi cards i'd really be rockin' and rollin!

No comments: