Tuesday, February 16, 2010

a piece of my heart

i have been missing a piece of my heart for 7.5 years now...ever since the day of the miscarriage of what i know in my heart of hearts to be my son eric

i'm always missing his face in my sweet crowd of children...some days more than others.

today is one of those days

yesterday my sweet hubby and i were talking about it and my heart has simply ached for the loss since then

i've always felt, and who knows maybe it's my way of making me feel better about it, that i would be blessed to have him again come into my life...this life...that i won't have to wait forever to hold his sweet face in my hands and give him a kiss so very long coming

there are those out there that do not believe that a child is a child until they're breathing on their own in this world...as a mother that lost her 13 wk inutero baby...i can tell you that you are wrong...i felt his spirit with me during the time i was pregnant with him...i started to know what an amazing person he is and i felt honored that i was and will be again his momma

for those of you that read this blog and know who i really am...you know that i am NOT a cryer...it's just not something i do...but i sit here fighting back the tears of seperation from this sweet and wonderful child

when i lost him...i truely lost a piece of my heart

and i ache

3 comments:

Kim said...

Corey, I can't even imagine what that was like for you. 13 weeks is definitely long enough to feel your baby's spirit and movements. The general consensus is that time heals everything, but I imagine this is an exception. Thank goodness for the plan of salvation and the knowledge we have of eternal families. We love you guys and I know Eric is just as anxious to be reunited as you are. :)

Jenn said...

It's perfectly fine to have those days. {{{HUGS}}} I'm so sorry.

Millionaira said...

OH INDEED! w/o that i'd be one sorry sad mommy

today is easier...granted, his due date was about a week ago so i'm sure that had something to do w/ the extra "in your face"ness of the pain

August (when we lost him) and February (when he was due)...when it usually comes to a peak and then calms down again...granted on occasions i have my moments as any mother would, but thats when it's the worst it seems