Monday, September 04, 2006

man am i stupid!

the girls were messing w/ some of my old stuff today and an old envelope/letter fell out (didn't even know i still had it) very non-descript...anyone else reading it would have no idea what it was for...but i know...and i feel so stupid that it still pricks my heart and causes me pain...i am happily married, i could not ask for a better man as my husband, no one else i ever dated even comes close to how amazing he is...yet i'm still hurt...the only thing i can think is that i never really got my closure...

oh, lol, i guess ya'd like to know what it was LOL...envelope just had my name on it very large (pretty much the whole front of the envelope) and then inside it said "i'm so sorry! we need to talk tomorrow. okay? once again, i'm sorry!" like i said, it doesn't say a whole lot, well...but this was from the guy i dated before i graduated from college...talk about pain...i invested way too much into him...the way i took care of the dork was almost like i was his wife w/o any of the benefits LOL needless to say this letter was prior to a talk where he wanted to tell me he needed a 2wk break to decide what he "wanted" which was just his chicken way...i was content to date him until i left college once i finally realized it was not going beyond where it was, looser still broke up w/ me though after the 2 wks...it was a huge blow to me, i didn't just cry, i wailed uncontrolablly for what seemed like forever...which is still so stupid because at that point i knew he wasn't going to marry me...i can only chalk it up to the loss of it and then of course no one likes being dumped...

now the envelope and letter are in the trash, but i will admit i still need some closure, it lacks because we actually did remain friends once all was said and done until i got engaged and then he dropped off the face of the planet...no good bye, nothing...

oh, and not that i think i'm all that and a bag of chips because i'm totally not, but he was so not worthy of me...

but can i tell y'all what a lucky woman i am to have my sweet husband, he is simply amazing and i'm not just saying this because i miss him terribly and won't see him until probably the end of next week making it almost a month since i last saw him...i'm saying it because it is totally true!

2 comments:

Ambrosia said...

I am SOOOO glad you trashed that letter. He was incredibly unworthy of you. He would have been as clueless of your worth married to you as he was when he was just dating you. I can understand your needing closure though. How about writing him a letter and not mailing it? Or even better, mail it to me and I will write you back as if I were him. Wouldn't that be FUN??

Jenn said...

I sooooooooo know the feeling. {{{{HUGS}}}}